1. Change the websites you are spending time on. Instead of Facebook and other social media sites(where there is a LOT of negativity – negative statements, negative comments, negative thoughts towards others in general), check blogs that you follow, check Pinterest, Goodreads (if you read), Photography pages with beautiful images, or sites with information on your interests.
2. Listen to nothing but uplifting, inspirational, or Christian music for 1 week and see how it changes you. iTunes makes this easy by allowing you to UNCHECK the songs that don’t fit the bill. If you’re on Pandora, try searching Natasha Bedingfield, Michael Bublé, Sara Bareilles, or Ingrid Michaelson. Feel free to add your own favorite inspirational artists…
In the car listen to Inspirational Radio, Christian Radio, and most cities have an “upbeat/encouraging” stations.
3. Avoid people, situations, and things that are known stressors, drama creators, or depressors.
4. Get OUT of the house! Even if you don’t make it past your porch… the fresh air and outdoor surroundings works WONDERS.
5. Get INVOLVED in things going on around town. Feeling like you make a difference is a huge bringer of joy. Doing things for others, and in your community is proven to make you feel happier.
6. SMILE! At everyone! A genuine smile is contagious and will make others smile. The chemical reaction in your body when you smile will actually make you feel happier.
7. Never underestimate the little things that you can do to bring a smile. Do something silly. Do something that brings out your inner child. Paint- (even if you cant) – Sing (even if you cant) etc…
Do something that makes you feel beautiful/handsome.
7. If you are one of those people that gets sucked into TV shows and movies on the couch when you’re sad… DON’T even turn on the TV. Pick up a book, but set a timer for when you are going to stop reading and get out of the house and do something.
8. Do ONE thing every day that will bring you closer to your goals.
9. REMEMBER ABOVE ALL! Happiness is a choice… everyday. People, Stuff, Getting something you want… These things cannot make you happy. They are temporary. You must find Joy in yourself, and Joy in God. Beware: this may mean lifestyle changes. But in order to get something you’ve never had… you must do something you’ve never done.